Social Enterprise Academy
The Social Enterprise Academy is the national support agency within the Scottish Social Enterprise ecosystem, offering learning and development to individuals and organisations working to achieve positive social change. The Academy exists to support leadership and enterprise activity within people, groups and communities to enable them to create change in their lives and the wider world. The Academy is also a strategic delivery partner of the Scottish Government tasked with delivering on aspects of the Social Enterprise Strategy 2016 – 2026.
The funding from Postcode Innovation Trust was be used to provide three Leadership and Enterprise Programmes over the UK.
Leadership for the Future (Founders & Chief Executives) - This programme was aimed at Chief Executives in the sector leading organisations in Birmingham, the Black Country and the wider West Midlands England who are working towards social change and want to make a positive contribution to the lives of people and our planet. The programme enabled participants to:
- Enhance their self-awareness and confidence as a senior leader to increase their capacity to deliver social change
- Explore what sort of leadership is required to support their organisation and the sector to thrive and remain sustainable
- Develop their strategic leadership skills and build their values-led leadership
- Strengthen their ability to practically apply the practice of leadership into their daily life
- Connect with and build a community of leaders that can support and sustain them
Unlocking your full potential (Aspiring Senior Leaders) - This programme gave participants the support and space to explore and reflect on their leadership and apply their learning to enhance the way they lead their team, project and organisation. It taught participants to:
- Enhance and increase their leadership skills and confidence
- Develop an awareness of key leadership topics such as motivation, setting and communicating direction and emotional intelligence
- Learn to use participatory techniques to improve engagement in the groups they are working in
- Gain an internationally recognised qualification from the Institute of Leadership and Management
Strengthening your social enterprise skills - this programme supports a group of learners to gain knowledge and skills in particular areas related to running and sustaining their social enterprise. It allowed participants to:
- Take space to explore ideas and tools that can enhance their organisation’s sustainability and impact, creating more opportunity to achieve their mission and vision.
- Explore the skills, mind sets and behaviours needed to be an enterprising and innovative leader.
- Learn and connect with senior leaders, committed to developing and growing their organisation to the next stage, to share and develop together.