Project Scotland is a charity that helps young people aged 16 to 30 to get on in life through volunteering.
They place young people into 13-week voluntary roles with local charities and not-for-profits. They take time to understand their needs, interests, and hopes for the future, before matching them to a volunteering placement and supporting them to reach their potential.
Project Scotland were awarded £100,000 of investment to fund the expansion of their youth engagement consultancy services into England, specifically the areas of London and Manchester. Part of the funding will also be used to develop a new brand identity that will support the expansion of the social enterprise outside Scotland.
Project Scotland's youth engagement consultancy service is designed to lead to the following outcomes for employers:
- Increase in the number of quality young candidates applying to the organisation;
- Increased engagement and productivity amongst young people;
- Better relationships between young people and other generations in the workplace
- Higher retention of young talent;
- Greater inclusion of young people in the running and decision making of the organisation.
Visit their website here: https://www.projectscotland.co.uk/