Plymouth VCSE (Plymouth Octopus)
Plymouth VCSE (Plymouth Octopus) build strong grassroots organisations, charities and social enterprises by supporting them to work together and take a lead role in creating change. They do this by:
- liaising between charities, voluntary organisations, government agencies and other groups on relevant issues;
- providing training, conferences and seminars on subjects relevant to their efficiency;
- identifying their needs and establishing projects or policies to address them;
- assisting in the administration of funding programmes to charities and voluntary organisations, monitoring for grants, recommending grants, assisting in applications for grants;
- providing information to the press and the public on the operation of, or problems encountered by them;
- providing services to them such as legal, accountancy and management advice services;
- providing advice and information on fund-raising techniques appropriate for voluntary organisations and charities;
- acting as a representative in relation to government policies and legislation.
They will work with Plymouth Social Enterprise Network, Torbay Community Development Trust, Local Sparks Torbay, ESSENCE and Exeter Co-Lab to achieve widespread buy-in to inclusive growth, accelerated by a number of practical interventions including experimentation with innovative finance going to the right places to grow prosperity that reduces inequality and is sustainable.
Funding from players will be used to create Human Learning Systems to generate solutions to problems and issues, and connect these with finance opportunities, and additionally, to grow the foundation and latent demand through networking events and advice and business support.