Impact Hub Kings Cross
Impact Hub Kings Cross was founded in 2009 as a co-working space for social entrepreneurs. In 2014, they founded a social enterprise to strengthen the capacity and sustainability of social enterprises so that they can achieve greater impact. Their work supports social enterprises that lack some of the experiences or skills necessary to make their vision a reality. They offer targeted support that empowers social entrepreneurs to:
- increase revenue whilst increasing social impact;
- build relationships with social investors and become “investment ready”;
- scale their operations strategically and sustainably;
- establish an ethical and effective organisational culture;
- gain management and leadership skills;
- understand how to promote and sell their products/services to their target audience;
- embed processes that support accountability and impact measurement.
The funding from Postcode Innovation Trust will be used for their Feeding the City: Accelerate programme. This programme supports sustainable food businesses that are ready to scale their growth. The programme brings together thought leaders in food sustainability, large scale buyers, enterprise support providers and investors with the shared goal of supporting social or environmental impact driven food enterprises with B2B revenue streams to grow and flourish.
Participants will benefit from access to expert business analysis, mentoring and support from experienced coaches and industry heavyweights, six month’s Impact Hub “Connect” membership and the opportunity to meet and network with buyers, including supermarket chains, restaurants and major contract catering companies.